Monday, March 12, 2007

Sh The Secret

I have a secret I have watched the movie "The Secret" and am reading the book...I blogged about it last week in another neather land and today I recieved my first opppositional email.
It was from one of my evangical girl friends who well thinks I am reading and thinking on things that are anti Christ and that speak of the last day. Well here is what I think about what I am reading and have thought for many years..

First I believe in Christ. I believe that he came, he taught us how to live and died a horrid death and it is because of that we can have immortality...plain and simple that aint no secret.

Yet with that said I think there is much more to believing then just that I beleive that our God created natural laws and rules just as much as he created the sun and earth. These laws are for our good if we apply them. These laws include the things that Christ taught. In fact all of them you can find at some place in the bible.

There is a poem by Mother Theresa that I think speaks well to this:


LIFE IS...by Mother Theresa
Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it.
There is much to say about the secrets that can help us create the best life now. I really dont think the life of a christian woman is to be I will wait simply on God. He had certain expectations of those who were to truley follow him. He has taught that we are to think and then to do! After all did not Christ do that and we are to follow him...He thought( he had a vision --plans for his life) and then he took delibrate and intentional actions to meet his goal. I think that faith is an important element in a life well lived, and to have faith you MUST have a vision to the future ( or what do you really have faith in?) and then you must put that faith into action.....for a life full of simple Halleljah with no works is fruitless.
Can I balance what is being taught in the book The Secret and my faith in Christ -- the answer is simple YES. There are many great lessons that we can walk away from the book with and the best is this have a VISION and dare to dream and then take the small steps that you need to make to make it a reality....faith moves in action if it is true faith 100% of the time! And that is my secret

1 comment:

HOLY said...

The book is not written by a Christian although many of the teachers in the book - Jack Canfield for one, are Christians and/or have no problem reconciling the teachings with Christianity.

Jesus lived The Secret if you think about it. As a rabbi who trusted and lived God's prevailing laws. As an itinerant preacher who attracted spirit seekers - like attracts like. And as a healer who trusted in his own divine powers and agency to apply mind over matter to work miracles.

I bet if we all flipped open the Bible and read it with the lens of this law of attraction, we'd see how it applies perfectly to the Gospel.

If they asked you to go shave your head and peddle The Secret books and cut yourself off from friends and family, I'd suggest it's maybe a bad cult. But something that suggests to me that I attract to me that which occurs such that I feel empowered to feel some measure of control over my destiny instead of feeling like a victim of circumstances beyond my control and oh woe is me...that's worth the $15 book price.

But some of the teachers are decided not-Christian. Michael Beckwith is a Reverend of Religious Science, a new thought church that embraces many spiritual beliefs, not just the path of Christ.

I say take what you can use, throw out the rest and run with it.

 
Copyright 2009 Simply Hollie: Sh The Secret Template and Design by Sweet n Simple Design
Scrapbook elements by FarrahsDesignerScraps at PolkaDotPotato - Stitches by Jasmin-Olya Designs