Saturday, July 14, 2007

3 Months from Today



Three months from today I will be doing the Toronto Marathon. It is hard to beleive that this health goal that I set for myself is now only 3 months away. Yes, I am walking everywhere I go practically. I have been averaging a good 5k on my feet at least each day. I am doing the half marathon walk. I am doing it memory of my grandmother who passed away last October from cancer and my dad who died 5 years ago. I do this to get my own health on track and to celebrate that fact as well. I am looking forward to crossing the finish line and getting my medal. My goal time is to average a 12 minute mile which should be pretty easy and that would have me crossing the finish line in about 2 1/2 hours. That is my goal! As of this week I am going to check in every Saturday and let you all know how training is progressing and how many miles I have walked that week. So 91 days from now I will be ready for the walk, I am looking forward to it, it is the first major health goal I have ever made and I am tahnkful for it. The money raised goes to The Princess Margaret Hospital which is one of the leading hospitals for Cancer care up here in Canada so please do cheer me on as I strive to reach the finish line!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to GO!!!! That is cool

SAAM said...

Oops, forgot to leave my name
Way to GO!!!!!!!!!!

Jungle Mama said...

Hey, you changed the look of your blog!

I am so proud of you for signing up for this! Way to go! I can't wait to hear of your training exercises and the race itself.

Amber said...

Fantastic goal, though I can't say I would ever want to do a marathon. I'd be afraid they'd have to carry me to the finish line. :-) You're an inpiration!

Nooner said...

Good for you that you are doing this!!! Congrats in advance :-)

~Nooner~

stepmonster said...

Kudos to you on the marathon.... trust me, you'll become addicted.

 
Copyright 2009 Simply Hollie: 3 Months from Today Template and Design by Sweet n Simple Design
Scrapbook elements by FarrahsDesignerScraps at PolkaDotPotato - Stitches by Jasmin-Olya Designs