Thursday, August 2, 2007

Thinking of Dad

I am not sure how many of you have lost a parent, but today is my dad's birthday and I cant help but think of him.....if he would of lived he would be 70..I cant believe that even 5 years after the loss you still feel it.

I think I am thinking of him more and more right now because we are finally putting him to rest. When he died we cremated him as per his wishes but he was never interred..his ashes sat in my gram's and his apartment till her death. It was like everytime I visited her I visited him. Well next week my sister is coming to town and one of the things we want to do with his brothers permissions is take care of dad..After gram died dad's brother found documents where dad owned two burial plots.. we want to place his ashes there. Hopefully this can be done with Karen here, making it easier to do.

I so want him to have a final resting spot, one that Roo and I can still visit and remember a life well lived. Dad was an awesome man and I miss him still so very much. I think this might help bring comfort and closure knowing that he really is taken care of.

Have any of you battled with grief long after a loss and how did you deal with it?

And dad if you are loooking down--Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

motherbumper said...

Oh wow, I just read this and want to hug you (and I don't even know you - yet). I hope your wishes and plans work out, a place to visit and remember is so important. Thinking of you at this time (and I'm sure your Dad is looking down and happy that you are thinking of him). (((hugs)))

Vonniemae said...

Hi Hollie,

I lost my mom 7 yrs ago July 1st. She died 19 days after a diagnois of a terminal illness. I still cry, she was my best friend, I was 38 and had 4 kids and a husband. Mom was the rock that held our family together and she is dearly missed.

I have been reading your blog for several months ( guess that makes me a lurker). I know that you have a faith life and that is what I rely on to see me thru, some days it's still too painful to think about but I know that I WILL see her in heaven one day and that gives me great comfort!

I think of you and the struggles you face as a single parent. You are a stong individual who is totally dedicated to your dear Roo, God Bless you! I will keep you in my prayers.

A North Dakota mom-

 
Copyright 2009 Simply Hollie: Thinking of Dad Template and Design by Sweet n Simple Design
Scrapbook elements by FarrahsDesignerScraps at PolkaDotPotato - Stitches by Jasmin-Olya Designs