Monday, April 13, 2009

Corner Gas- Thanks for the Laughs



Tonight we say farewell to Corner Gas up here in Canada. The last episode airs tonight of this long lasting Canadian comedy.

Corner Gas was the first not geared for just for kids show that my daughter ever watched. It was a show that she was allowed to stay up past her bedtime for so her and mommy could laugh together!

Everyone knows Dog River these days and I got to know 2 of the cast a bit better then some. You see the Christmas of 2007 I volunteered at the Toronto's Salvation Army Toy Mountain. I was in charge of toy sorting that last day when who was there to work along side me but Karen and Oscar, in real life Eric Peterson and Tara Spencer-Nairn.

Actually Eric ended up beside me and I had a great conversation with him. He really is a Canadian acting icon. We talked about my daughter Roo and how she was the biggest Dog River fan, we talked about creating tv in Canada vs creating in the states ( I lived in LA for 2 years and dated someone from the crew of a well known soap.) , and about the state of celebrity here in Canada and we talked about Christmas and spending time with family. All this while we sorted hundreds of toys that were meant for some of Toronto's neediest kids.

The cast of Corner Gas regularly helped with this charitable project each year. I am sure they will be missed in the years ahead. For me and Roo we will miss thier prescence in our lives each and every Monday for the last 6 years. We will miss laughing at Hank, and Oscar the most. We will Brent,Karen, Davis and and Emma, poor, poor Emma.

Goodbye Corner Gas and Thanks for the Memories and Laughs!

No comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Simply Hollie: Corner Gas- Thanks for the Laughs Template and Design by Sweet n Simple Design
Scrapbook elements by FarrahsDesignerScraps at PolkaDotPotato - Stitches by Jasmin-Olya Designs