Monday, May 25, 2009

Bullying Revisited

Remember how I wrote awhile back about Roo being bullied. Well the saga continues. First about 10 days ago I wrote a letter to the editor of of local paper, it was published on Friday. Really I do believe we as parents can do better for our own children and those around us. You can read it here.

Then on Wednesday evening there was a knock at the door. I thought it was my landlord returning as he had just been at my residence to fix a pipe that was leaking. It wasn't him. It was two of the mothers of children who have been bullying my daughter. One was accusing me of trying to run her daughter down with my car. She then assaulted me. I was hit several times on the face, arms and body. She left as my 11 year old daughter ran and grabbed the phone and called 911.

Funny thing is, I don't own a car and I don't have a driver's license. I was assaulted because I have been filing police reports about the bullying I believe. The woman was charged with unlawful entry and assault. She has been released from custody already and that does scare me a bit, but she has conditions she can not come near me or my child or have any indirect contact. I am concerned for my own safety as well as that of my child.

But something needs to be done to stop the bullying here in town and if it takes me taking a stand then so be it.



1 comment:

PrincessJenn said...

I'm so sorry your child is having to go through this. Bullying is a horrible, evil thing.

I guess, after your assault by the mother, you don't have to wonder where the child is learning that bullying is OK.

 
Copyright 2009 Simply Hollie: Bullying Revisited Template and Design by Sweet n Simple Design
Scrapbook elements by FarrahsDesignerScraps at PolkaDotPotato - Stitches by Jasmin-Olya Designs