Saturday, May 2, 2009

Setting Up For A New Way of Life

Two weeks ago at work we were all called into a meeting and told that as of June 1st the project that we work on in a busy call center would cease to exist for us. We had two options.

1. Continue to offer Tech Support for the huge American company that we work on behalf of, but do it from home.

or

2.Transfer to another project, go through 8 weeks of training and be the low people on the spectrum as far as that team goes. As well it is not technical at all, it is insurance related and for me simply of no interest.

For me I chose option one. to be selected for option 1 you had to meet certain criteria. You had to test your home computer, have a quiet space that you could work in, buy a special headset, have high speed internet. I passed all the testing on Friday!

For me I will be working from home. This is something I have wanted for a long period of time. To operate from home gives me the chance to do work with my time and I no longer have a huge commute either. I am so looking forward to working from home and having time with my daughter. As well the schedule works well for me and that is a good thing. I am excited about this! For me this is an exciting adventure that is about to begin.




No comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Simply Hollie: Setting Up For A New Way of Life Template and Design by Sweet n Simple Design
Scrapbook elements by FarrahsDesignerScraps at PolkaDotPotato - Stitches by Jasmin-Olya Designs