Monday, June 8, 2009

Best Friends

Did not realize that yesterday was best friends day. Over the years of my life I have been blessed to have some great girlfriends. Many of time were for a certain time period in my life yet I am thankful for each one of them.

When I was little, there was my bestest friend Carolyn. She lived real close to me. We often played together and really we got into a lot of mischief together as well. For all my elementary years Carolyn was there and I am thankful that I have her as my childhood best friend.

In my teen years we moved to Winnipeg and there was the gang from church. We were always all together in a group hanging together, and doing stuff together. I had a good group of friends for these years as well.

During my university years I counted on my sisters, sorority sisters that is. The sisters of Apha Phi were the best. They kept me out of trouble many a day.

In my early twenties after I became a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints I had a great circle of friends as well. When I lived in Halifax the young single group was the best, then when I moved to Toronto again I meet sisters that well became my best friends.

When I married and moved to Carlsbad, New Mexico I was thankful to have Lynette and Gayln come into my life especially. They were my rocks especially as divorce hit.

Then when I moved back to Ontario, I was blessed with Anne Marie, Yvonne, Sharon, Jennifer, Ruby and Jennifer. Each brought something unique into my life and I am forever thankful for there presence.

Now that I am here in Nova Scotia I feel a certain loss as I don't have that best friend or great circle of friends here yet, but I know it will come with time.

I am thankful though because of being online I have been able to connect and reconnect with many old friends and that has been such a blessing in itself. So if you have a great girlfriend don't forget to celebrate that friendship for they truely are a blessing.

No comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Simply Hollie: Best Friends Template and Design by Sweet n Simple Design
Scrapbook elements by FarrahsDesignerScraps at PolkaDotPotato - Stitches by Jasmin-Olya Designs