Friday, February 7, 2014

Simply Imagine That Day



Can you imagine? Can you close your eyes and see it?

Can you see that day when it simply does not matter who you are, where you came from, your country of origin, your religion, your sexual orientation, your political stripes, the colour of your skin..that we treated each other well. Can you simply imagine?

I can ...as hard as it is on days like today, when my mayor orders a Pride flag taken down, as hard as it is when some asks what is that garb on your head, as hard as it is as I monitor and witness abuse after abuse online...I can imagine.

What will it take to get to that great day? I am unsure.

I know for me someone who has flipped flopped and believed many things over the years, who has thought some pretty hard core things for periods of time, I am unsure. What I do imagine? Kindness, mercy, investigation, a getting to know your neighbor, an inclusion.

So often we disconnect. We choose to brutalize each other with our tongues, with our thoughts, with our actions. It hurts. The pain is real. Then we disconnect, we don't talk, we let hate and discord fester. How about we seek connection instead. How about we imagine on that great day that nothing else matters and we can reach out in love, in mercy, in forgiveness, in kindness and seek to understand. Wouldn't that be something?

I can imagine that day. Can you close your eyes and see it?

No comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Simply Hollie: Simply Imagine That Day Template and Design by Sweet n Simple Design
Scrapbook elements by FarrahsDesignerScraps at PolkaDotPotato - Stitches by Jasmin-Olya Designs